Truck Driver Assistant
The PTA Thrift Shop at 125 W. Main St. in Carrboro is looking to hire a bright, observant and cheerful individual to work up to 30 hours per week as a front line face of our organization in the community as part of our pickup and delivery team, working in conjunction with the truck driver to provide excellent customer service to our clients. This position will also help in our donations receiving area when working on site.
This position will allow the employee to work in a warm, friendly environment of service, assisting our customers in having a pleasant experience while benefitting the community as a whole. Regardless of whatever organizations you may have worked for in the past, we can provide you with a special and unique experience that will be rewarding to you, our customers and our community!
Basic job responsibilities will include:
• Customer Service
• Maintenance of a clean, empty vehicle that is prepared for service
• Maintenance of a neat overall appearance of the truck
• Adheres to all policies and procedures
• Display courtesy to customers, donors and volunteers at all times
Skills required for the job are:
• Cheerful and pleasant demeanor
• Dependability and punctuality
• Careful observation to detail
• Ability to work with a diverse group of employees, volunteers, and customers
• Ability to interact positively with the public
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to ask for help and a willingness to take direction
• Ability to lift 50 pounds on a continual basis
• Availability to work Saturdays and Sundays
• Continued awareness of safety issues
We are only accepting ONLINE APPLICATIONS for this position. Paper applications or "walk-ins" will not be considered. Thank you for your interest!
To apply online click here.