The PTA Thrift Shop is looking to hire a bright, observant and cheerful individual to work full time as a front line face of our organization! For over 60 years the PTA Thrift Shop has been an integral part of the Chapel Hill/Carrboro community, reselling donated items to benefit the local school system PTAs. We’re fortunate to receive such a high volume of donations to help us fulfill our mission, but we need to process those items quickly and efficiently in order to maximize our revenue. If you’d like to be a part of a beloved community organization with a long history of service, we’re looking for you!
This position will allow the employee to work in a warm, friendly environment of service, assisting our customers in having a pleasant shopping experience while benefitting the community as a whole. If you’re looking to work in a culturally diverse environment that provides a daily opportunity to help others, we’re looking for you!
The Store Manager shall be directly responsible to the Director of Operations for all personnel, volunteer, customer, financial, security matters and policies, as well as general operation of the shop to which s/he is assigned. The smooth functioning of the day-to-day operation of the retail and processing areas of the shop are the responsibility of the Store Manager. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversight of the schedule of employees to perform receiving, processing, sales, cashier and clean-up tasks.
• Maintenance of receiving and processing areas, as well as a fully stocked sales floor to ensure maximum sales potential.
• Maintenance of overall appearance and function of receiving, processing and sales areas.
• Implementation of daily and monthly sales goals.
• On-going training of all support staff.
• Supervision of the employees to ensure a constant and cheerful flow of employee efforts.
• Implementation of all employee, volunteer and operational policies.
Requirements of the job include:
• Cheerful and pleasant demeanor.
• Ability to manage a diverse group of employees and volunteers.
• Ability to interact positively with the public.
• Understanding processing of donations.
• Ability to ask for help and a willingness to take directions.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds on a continual basis.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule (including weekends) per the needs of the business.
• Regularly able to work 8 a.m. to closing and some volunteer work sessions.
• Previous experience in a retail management capacity.
Since the Store Manager is a primary public relations representative of the PTA Thrift Shop and the Board of Directors, it is an absolute requirement that the Store Manager display courtesy and appreciation to all customers, donors, and volunteers at all times.
This position is to be filled by July 1, 2017.
We are only accepting ONLINE APPLICATIONS for this position. Phone calls, paper applications or "walk-ins" will not be considered. Thank you for your interest!
Click here for the form.