The PTA Thrift Shop at 125 W. Main St. in Carrboro is looking to hire an observant, cheerful, self-starting individual to work part time (up to 30 hours per week) in our processing department, helping to sort and process clothing, hard goods and the myriad of wonderful donations we receive on a daily basis! For over 60 years the PTA Thrift Shop has been an integral part of the Chapel Hill/Carrboro community, reselling donated items to benefit the local school system PTAs. We’re fortunate to receive such a high volume of donation to help us fulfill our mission, but we need to process those items quickly and efficiently in order to maximize our profits and provide the greatest benefit to our schools and community. If you’d like to be a part of a beloved community organization with a long history of service, we’re looking for you!
This position will allow the employee to work in a warm, friendly environment of service, assisting our customers in having a pleasant shopping experience while benefitting the community as a whole. If you're looking to work in a culturally diverse environment that provides a daily opportunity to help others, we'’re looking for you!
Basic job responsibilities will include:
• Customer Service
• Receipt of donations
• Sorting donations
• Daily upkeep of processing area
• Adheres to all policies and procedures
• Display courtesy to customers, donors and volunteers at all times
Skills required for the job are:
• Cheerful and pleasant demeanor
• Dependability and punctuality
• Careful observation to detail
• Ability to work with a diverse group of employees, volunteers, and customers
• Ability to interact positively with the public
• Understanding of process management
• Understanding of recycling procedures and an ability to recognize and sort these items properly
• Ability to ask for help and a willingness to take direction
• Ability to lift 30 pounds on a continual basis
• Availability to work Saturdays and Sundays
• Continued awareness of safety issues
We are only accepting ONLINE APPLICATIONS for this position. Paper applications or “walk-ins” will not be considered. Thank you for your interest!